Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Chilmark Town Seal

Spacer
Link to Departments
Link to Board of Selectmen
Link to Town Committees
Link to Summer Information
Link to Permits and Forms
Link to Dump
Link to Documents & Bylaws
Link to How To
Link to Useful Sites
Link to Chilmark Photos
Link to Email Subscriber
Link to Vendor Opportunities
Link to Job Opportunities
Link to Commonwealth Connect
Spacer
Code Red Emergency Notification System

Code Red Emergency Notification System

Public Records Requests Guidelines

Public Records Requests

Pay Bills Online

Website Disclaimer
Welcome to the Town of Chilmark, MA
Planning Board Minutes 04/23/18
APPROVED
Chilmark Planning Board
April 23, 2018
Present: Janet Weidner, Rich Osnoss, Peter Cook, Joan Malkin, Chris MacLeod
Not Present: Mitchell Posin, John Eisner
Public & Board/Comm. Members: Ken Abbot, Martha Flanders, Bill Veno, Deborah Packer, Howard Grimm
Staff: Jennifer Christy, Admin. Asst.
Meeting was called to order at 4:31 PM
  • Form A Marjorie Scheuer, Map 34, Lots 3, 4.1 & 4.2:
  • Mr. Ken Abbot from Schofield, Barbini & Hoehn was present to discuss the Form A application and plan submitted for endorsement by applicant Marjorie Scheuer.
  • Mr. Abbot distributed copies of the plans that illustrate the ownership of the lots and square footage of the structures on each of the lots and also noted that fact that the division involves three land court plans.
  • It was confirmed that each of the conforming lots have structures on them that do not, all together, exceed the total living area limit for each lot.
  • Very brief discussion occurred on the future possibility of a plan that proposes lot line changes  and those lot line changes result in lots that have structures on them that, together, exceed the limit on total living area.
  • Ms. Malkin made a motion to endorse the Form A. The motion was seconded. All ayes.
  • Lorna Flanders Revocable Trust, Map 13, Lot 27, Lot Release of Lot #3 & #4:
  • Mr. Osnoss informed the Board of his visit for the purpose of viewing the road today and reported the road is adequate to each of the Lot #3 and Lot #4.
  • Ms. Malkin made a motion to approve the request for the two lot releases. The motion was seconded and the motion was brought to a vote. The request for release of the two lots was approved unanimously. The Board signed the two lot releases.
  • All Island Planning Board legislation letter:
  • The Board discussed the All Island Planning Board Letter re legislative reforms affecting local zoning and development of regulations with Bill Veno from the MV Commission.
  • Mr. Veno stated the main thrust of the letter is to support the updating of the laws which are antiquated and the restriction of grandfathering rights. He also noted the update of the ANR regulation.
  • Ms. Malkin made a motion for the Board to become a signatory to the All Island Planning Board and for Rich Osnoss to sign the letter. The motion was seconded and the Board voted unanimously to approve. Chairperson Osnoss signed the letter.
  • Update from Subcommittee on the Menemsha Master Plan Work:
  • Ms. Weidner stated that the subcommittee plans to visit the BOS at their May 1, 2018 meeting to discuss the progress on Menemsha.
  • Ms. Weidner gave a brief description of how it plans to move forward regarding the consideration of changes to the Guest House zoning bylaw.
  • Ms. Malkin noted that the goal is to conclude the consideration and any possible recommendations or proposals regarding a Guest House zoning bylaw change by a fall Special Town Meeting.
  • Mr. Osnoss suggested that the Board consider the Guest House zoning bylaw and possible changes and suggested that the Board members look at the other Towns on island to see if it may be determined what the context of any changes to Guest House size limitations were. The Board members asked Ms. Christy to contact Ms. Weldon to invite her to the next meeting on May 14, 2018 if possible.
  • Ms. Weidner noted that a number of people attended the subcommittee meeting today and there was discussion regarding who has control of the Peaked Hill Pastures project proposal(s). She noted that the subcommittee suggested that the Board write a letter to the BOS asking that Board of Selectmen task the Housing Committee with the investigation and development of plans or a proposal for the Peaked Hill Pastures housing project.
  • Mr. Cook suggested the idea of a consultant for the development of the ideas/proposals for the Peaked Hill Pastures project much like the Menemsha Master Plan work that was done in conjunction with William Brewster.
  • Correspondence:
  • DEP Letter re Chapter 91 General License Certifications was reviewed and very brief discussion occurred about the process detailed in the letter.
  • Christine Flynn (MVC) letter to re affordable housing was reviewed. There was not comment made.
  • Minutes:
  • The minutes from Mar. 26, 2018 were reviewed and approved as written, with one member abstaining (Ms. Malkin).
  • Next Meetings:
  • Monday, May 14, 2018, 4:30PM
  • Documents:
  • Marjorie Scheuer Form A plan and illustrative plans
  • Lorna Flanders Revocable Trust Lot Release documents
  • Final draft of the All Island Planning Board legislation letter
  • Action Items for May 14,  2018 Meeting and future:
  • Create Form A Endorsement certificate for the Scheuer plan.
  • Scan and make copies of the Lot Release certificates.
  • Mail the original Lot Release certificates to Martha Flanders.
  • Email Ken Abbot re a scan of the signed Scheuer Form A plan.
  • Write a letter to the BOS with a request for the BOS to task the Housing Committee with development and proposals re the Peaked Hill Pastures project- no later than the 2nd BOS meeting in May.
  • Postpone the Provincetown tax incentive information to a future meeting.
  • Postpone the US Dept. of Interior letter and request for action to a future meeting.
  • Keep track of the non-usual tasks that the Administrative Asst. is asked to perform
  • Signature of John Eisner on certification letter to VLSE re Map 35, Lot 1.5
  • Plan site visit to Map 21, Lot 41.1
  • Update an OPEN TOPIC LIST document for the Planning Board
Meeting adjourned at 5:38 PM. Minutes respectfully submitted by Jennifer L. Christy

Spacer
Return to Home Page
Chilmark Town Offices: Chilmark Town Offices: 401 Middle Road, P.O. Box 119 02535-0119
Spacer
Spacer
Spacer