Chilmark Planning Board Subcommittee Meeting
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Present: Janet Weidner, Chair, Peter Cook
Not Present: Joan Malkin
Staff: Jennifer L. Christy, Lenny Jason
Meeting called to order at 3PM:
- Discussion re the Biennial Report to the Town Meeting on the Residential Building Size Regulation:
- The subcommittee discussed the final draft and made final changes.
- Mr. Jason questioned if there is data that supports the reasoning that the lack of response to the 1000’ notification requirement means that the requirement is needed and/or useful.
- Brief discussion occurred about the usefulness of the requirement for notification of abutters within 1000’. The subcommittee agreed to omit the section regarding the 1000’ foot notice and whether or not it continues to be a good approach.
- Ms. Weidner and Mr. Cook requested Ms. Christy to please create the final report and send to the members of the Zoning Board of Appeals, Chairman Rich Osnoss and the Moderator.
- Zoning Bylaw Work: Guest House
- The subcommittee members discussed the plan for deliberation of the Guest House bylaw and discussion of how changes to the Guest House bylaw may bring up the need for further change to the zoning bylaws that may support the housing needs of children who grow up in Town.
- The minutes from March 26, 2018 were not reviewed.
- Action Items for April 9, 2018 Meeting:
- Deliver the final Biennial Report to Moderator, Chairperson Rich Osnoss and the Chairperson of the ZBA.
- Send the one-page Guest House bylaw “brief” to the subcommittee members.
- Create a list of the proposed ZBL revision/amendment tasks. Check in with Peter Cook re review of the bylaw sections.
- Follow-up with Chuck re the creation of the Resource Map for Menemsha
- Contact Ginny Jones to see if she could attend a Planning Board meeting to discuss the WT “cluster zoning” bylaw.
- In May, prepare for a possible forum for the summer residents.
- Draft Biennial Report
- Draft Preamble Report from Peter Cook
Meeting adjourned: 4:24PM.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Jennifer L. Christy