Chilmark Planning Board Subcommittee Meeting
Monday, March 5, 2018
Present: Janet Weidner, Chair, Joan Malkin, Peter Cook
Staff: Jennifer L. Christy
Meeting called to order at 3PM:
- Discussion re BOS Meeting on Tuesday, March 6 and agenda items re the Menemsha Master Plan:
- The subcommittee members discussed the possibility of a discussion of possible ATM warrant articles for Menemsha with the BOS on Tuesday night.
- Discussion re the Biennial Report to the Town Meeting on the Residential Building Size Regulation:
- The subcommittee members discussed the format of the report and used the November 9, 2015 Special Town Meeting report as a guide to develop a plan for this year’s report.
- The subcommittee requested that Ms. Christy find the number of new residences in 2014-2015, 2015-2016, and 2016-2017 and their total square footage and asked for Ms. Christy to further revise the report.
- Ms. Christy was asked to revise the document in preparation for a meeting on Monday, March 12, 2018.
- Zoning Bylaw Amendment Discussion:
- The subcommittee discussed the changes that have been brought up in the past and which appear to be needed:
- A reorganization of the Definitions to be not numbered but instead alphabetized.
- Reviewed the types of accessory structures as noted in Article 4, USE REGULATIONS, Permitted Uses, 4.1, H.
- The subcommittee reviewed a 2013 document of considerations drafted by the ZBA administrative asst., Chuck Hodgkinson.
- Action Items for Feb. 9th and Feb. 12th, 2018 Meetings:
- Draft Biennial Report 2018
- In May, prepare for a possible forum for the summer residents.
- Brewster Final Analysis & Recommendations for Menemsha, dated October 30, 2017 with appendix added in December 2017.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Jennifer L. Christy