Chilmark Planning Board
Feb. 26, 2018
Present: Rich Osnoss, Chairperson, Janet Weidner, Joan Malkin, Mitchell Posin
Not Present: Chris MacLeod, Peter Cook, John Eisner
Public & Board/Comm. Members: Debbie Packer, Howard Grimm
Staff: Jennifer Christy, Admin. Asst.
Meeting was called to order by the chairperson, Rich Osnoss, at 4:32 PM
- Chapter 91 Waterways application process and duties of the Board:
- The Chairperson requested that Ms. Christy explain the role of the Planning Board regarding Chapter 91 Waterways Applications. Ms. Christy described the role of the Planning Board to her knowledge:
- Board is notified regarding applications and may make comment to the DEP.
- Ms. Packer presented her concerns with discrepancies she finds with the plans presented to the Conservation Commission and the Planning Board.
- Ms. Malkin restated that Ms. Packer has:
- Expressed concern with the fact that 3 spiles are in Chilmark Waters and the BOS have stated these are up to the Harbormaster to remove or not remove.
- Expressed concern with the apparent inaccurate depiction of Town lines on the plans presented on the Conservation Commission and Planning Board.
- The Board asked Ms. Christy to draft a memo to the Board of Selectmen for their March 6, 2018 stating the concerns of the lessee/abutter above. The main points of the memo are to be:
- Concerns have been brought to the Board’s attention
- The concerns do not appear to be within the Planning Board’s jurisdiction
- The concerns appear to address a property dispute between two owners and the Board of Selectmen may want to assess the situation.
- Ms. Weidner updated the Board members on the memo that will be sent to the Board of Selectmen regarding the recommendations of the Board, drawn from Mr. Brewster’s December 2017 report and the his February 9, 2018 presentation, to address safety and access concerns in Menemsha.
- The Board members reviewed the recommendations in the draft memo.
- Ms. Malkin made a motion to endorse the drafting and delivery of a memo regarding the recommendations to the Board of Selectmen. The motion was seconded. All ayes.
- Building Envelope alteration Certificate of Action: 15 Round Pond Realty Trust, Map 35, Lot 1.5:
- The Chairperson signed the certificate of action.
- Mr. Eisner’s signature is still needed on the certificate.
- Housing Committee correspondence:
- The Board members read the email and answered in the affirmative regarding the interest to review the tax incentive information and requested Ms. Christy to please have the Committee provide the information in a way so that the Board may review the information.
- Climate Related, upcoming training and informative workshops correspondence:
- The Board members asked Ms. Christy to please forward the information to the Highway Superintendent and ask that he identify if the opportunities in the program are ones that should be pursued.
- Discussion re the Biennial Report on the Residential Building Size Regulation:
- Discussion occurred regarding the contents of the report.
- Ms. Weidner noted the discussion of the subcommittee and that a report is currently being developed.
- The minutes from Feb. 12, 2018 were reviewed and approved with changes.
- AIPB, Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018, 6PM
- Subcommittee Meeting at Monday, March 5, 2018: Biennial Report and ZBL Amendments
- Monday, March 12, 2018, 4:30PM
- Action Items for Mar. 12, 2018 Meeting and future:
- Place on the next agenda the task to formulate a report on the ‘Big House Bylaw’.
- Memo to BOS re the Menemsha Master Plan recommendations.
- Request the Housing Committee provide the tax incentive information.
- Forward information about climate preparedness to Highway Superintendent and ask for direction.
- Keep track of the non-usual tasks that the Administrative Asst. is asked to perform
- Memo to BOS re Chapter 91 process concerns of Ms. Packer
- Signature of John Eisner on certification letter to VLSE re Map 35, Lot 1.5
- Plan site visit to Map 21, Lot 41.1
Meeting adjourned at 6:25 PM. Minutes respectfully submitted by Jennifer L. Christy