Chilmark Planning Board Subcommittee Meeting
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Present: Janet Weidner, Chair, Joan Malkin, Peter Cook
Public: Adam Turner, MVC
Staff: Jennifer L. Christy, Tim Carroll
Meeting called to order at 4:00PM:
- Final Menemsha Consultant Report from William Brewster:
- The subcommittee members reviewed the final draft and discussed the report.
- Review of the Menemsha Report, Part 2 Final report and cover letter to the BOS:
- The cover letter to the Board of Selectmen was reviewed and small changes were made.
- Small changes were also made to the Report Part 2
- It was agreed to send the Report Part 2 to the other Boards & Committees that met with the subcommittee at the same time that the Report Part 2 is sent to the Selectmen.
- Continued Final Menemsha Consultant Report from William Brewster:
- The subcommittee members reviewed the final draft and discussed the report with Adam Turner of the MVC.
- Mr. Turner stated that Bill Brewster may be able to work with the Town for further projects if necessary.
- The subcommittee members reviewed each of the illustrated “answers” to the points that the subcommittee had highlighted as needing clarification and explanation.
- It was unclear what exactly is recommended for the area outside and around the Galley. It was discussed the need to engineer the area more before action is taken on redesigning the traffic, both pedestrian and vehicle.
- Ms. Malkin suggested that Tim Carroll get an engineer’s view of the page 3, Appendix B top vision.
- Mr. Carroll suggested that William Brewster look at this area and possibly provide clearer drawings for this area.
- It was discussed that a public forum is to be held in January and moving forward on this particular idea could be broached at the forum initially to give people a chance to respond to the idea. It was clarified that it is necessary to ask Mr. Brewster to develop a preliminary plan for the area in front of the Galley preferably in advance of the January forum.
- It was discussed whether the subcommittee would return to the ConComm to review this final version of the consultant report.
- December 11, 2017 were reviewed and approved as written.
- January 8, 2018, 3PM- Present to the BOS the Chilmark Master Plan Menemsha Report Part 2
- Action Items for Dec. 13, 2017 and Jan. 8, 2018 Meetings:
- Prepare the final Menemsha Report, Part 2 for the BOS December 19th meeting (submit by Dec. 15th at 12noon).
- Finalize the Library Meeting Room date in the third week of January 2018
- Arrange a public forum in January with Mr. Brewster.
- January 16th through the 19th are good dates to try for.
- Put into calendar a notice to the community of the January 2018 forum in the January 4th & 5th and January 11th & 12th papers and create a posting/flyer.
- In May, prepare for a possible forum for the summer residents.
- Menemsha Report Part 2 dated 12/7/2017
- Final Menemsha Consultant Report from William Brewster received 12/12/2017
Minutes respectfully submitted by Jennifer L. Christy