Chilmark Planning Board
Sept. 11, 2017
Present: Joan Malkin, Rich Osnoss, Chairperson, Janet Weidner, Peter Cook, Chris MacLeod, John Eisner
Not Present: Mitchell Posin
Public: Tom Carberry
Staff: Jennifer Christy, Admin. Asst.
Meeting called to order at 4:35 PM
- Continued PUBLIC HEARING: Richard & Ellen Muglia Form C Subdivision, Map
- Mr. Osnoss opened the continued public hearing at 4:36PM and reread the public hearing notice.
- Mr. Osnoss read the report from the Board of Health.
- Mr. Osnoss read the report from the Site Review Committee.
- Mr. Osnoss read into the record the letter received from abutter Alan Dworsky on Sept. 8, 2017.
- The Board members reviewed the plan with Mr. Carberry.
- The Board reviewed the plan and brief discussion occurred about the Wades Field access.
- The Board members discussed the situation of the right of access on Wades Field Lane that the Attorney Fain Hackney describes in a previously submitted letter.
- Mr. Carberry noted that the cutting that would be required would only be that which is needed to maintain the right of way.
- Ms. Weidner made a motion to close the hearing. The motion was seconded. All ayes.
- Ms. Malkin made a motion to approve the subdivision as presented with the site plan dated August 22, 2017 with conditions of the prior existence of a 50’ no cut zone along Wades Field Land and a 100’ no cut zone along South Road and an existing 50’ cut no cut zone along Blue Barque Road. The motion was seconded. The plan was unanimously approved.
- Discussion occurred about when the plan could be signed. If the certificate of action is submitted to the Town Clerk on Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2017, the 20 day period of appeal will expire at 5PM on Monday, October 2, 2017. The Board members asked to be contacted that week in order to come sign the approved plan if no appeals are submitted.
- Ms. Weidner asked Ms. Christy to please send a meeting schedule to the members for September and October.
- Request for Lot 1 (29 Welles Way) Release from William J. Hawkins of (in the original 1996 subdivision for William W. & Carolyn Y. Eddy at Map 25, Lot 1)
- The Board reviewed the lot release request and decided more research was needed in order for a lot release to occur.
- The Board agreed to place the topic on the Sept. 25, 2017 agenda.
- Ms. Christy agreed to find the permits that have been issued for the lot and to contact the attorney Geoghan Coogan to see if he may attend the meeting on Sept. 25th.
- The subcommittee updated the other Board members on the status of the Menemsha planning.
- Ms. Weidner briefly updated the Board members on the preliminary draft report from the consultant, William Brewster.
- The minutes from August 28, 2017 were reviewed and approved as written.
- Mr. Cook requested that Ms. Christy please send the 2nd letter received, from Thomas & Judith Bracken. It was noted that Town Counsel has been requested to assist with the answer to the question of the usage of the Flexible Siting bylaw.
- Monday, Sept. 25, 2017, 4:30PM
Meeting adjourned at 5:58PM. Minutes respectfully submitted by Jennifer L. Christy