Chilmark Planning Board
June 26, 2017
Present: Joan Malkin, Rich Osnoss, Chairperson, Janet Weidner, Peter Cook, Mitchell Posin, Chris MacLeod
Not Present: John Eisner
Public: Tom Carberry, Sam Sherman Assoc.
Staff: Jennifer Christy, Admin. Asst.
Meeting called to order at 4:35 PM
- Continued PUBLIC HEARING: David Damroth Form C Subdivision, Map 11, Lots 54.4 & 54.5
- Mr. Osnoss opened the public hearing and heard a motion to continue the public hearing, without taking testimony, to July 10, 2017. The motion was seconded. All voted unanimously to continue the public hearing to July 10, 2017.
- Review of Chilmark Zoning Bylaw, Section 7.1: Building Cap:
- The Board decided to wait to discuss the Building Cap section 7.1 of the Chilmark Zoning Bylaws until the ZBA returns to the Board with specific instances when particular definitions are needed.
- The minutes from June 12, 2017 were reviewed and approved as written.
- Ms. Malkin volunteered to craft a memo to the Housing Committee describing the topic as Mr. Posin had posed it on June 12, 2017 in order to encourage the Committee to take up the topic for review.
- Mr. Cook provided a very brief summary of the site visit to Pasture Hill Road area with the Housing Committee.
- Memo from MVC re Public Hearing on Squibnocket ZBL amendment conformance vote on June 22nd, 2017
- Site Review Committee Report, Map 17, Lot 38.1 & 38.2, was reviewed.
- SPDAC report, from June 19, 2017, was reviewed.
- June 19, 2017 ZBA Special Permit Decisions & Applications
- Ms. Malkin inquired about the specifics of the Benefit plan for an Accessory Apartment and asked Ms. Christy to please confirm the specifics with the ZBA.
- Form A: Muglia, Map 17, Lot 38.1 & 38.2
- Mr. Carberry presented the proposed plan, but asked that the Board not consider this Form A formerly submitted and further asked that the Board consider that the discussion remain preliminary. He noted that he must resolve an issue regarding Wades Field Road before formerly submitting the plan as a Form A.
- Ms. Christy informed Mr. Carberry that the Form A plan had not yet been submitted to the Town Clerk and therefore was not formerly submitted and no 21 day period of action had begun for the Planning Board.
- Ms. Weidner inquired about whether the plan is appropriate to be submitted as a Form A or whether the plan should be instead submitted as a modification of a Form C due to the fact that a building envelope is noted on the original subdivision plan in 1993 and there is a plan, in this new plan, to move the building envelope.
- Mr. Osnoss noted that the file for the Watson Form C subdivision (now owned by Muglia) has a Modification for Form C Subdivision due to a change in the building envelope and suggested that another change in the building envelope would again require a modification of a Form C Subdivision.
- Mr. Carberry stated he would return with a Form C application in order to modify the plan.
- Monday, July 10, 2017, 4:30PM
- David A. Damroth Form C definitive subdivision, Map 11, Lots 54.4 & 54.5 Plan
- Form C Procedure
- Form A Application & Plan, Muglia, Map 17, Lot 38.2
- Stuart H. Watson subdivision plan 1993 file (now owed by Muglia)
- Site Review Committee report, Map 17, Lot 38.2
Meeting adjourned at 5:40 PM. Minutes respectfully submitted by Jennifer L. Christy