Chilmark Planning Board Subcommittee Meeting
Monday, June 26, 2017
Present: Janet Weidner, Chair, Peter Cook, Joan Malkin
Staff: Jennifer L. Christy
Meeting called to order at 3:04PM:
- Menemsha Master Plan: Max King’s VTA Bus #12 Map Final Draft Discussion:
- The subcommittee decided to meet next on July 10th at 4PM to review the final draft of the Max King map in preparation to present the map to the Planning Board at 4:30PM on the 10th and at the BOS meeting on July 11, 2017.
- Menemsha Master Plan Review:
- Ms. Weidner presented another draft of her spreadsheet work organizing the topics that have arisen in the work of the Menemsha Master Plan.
- Ms. Malkin inquired whether there is a way to know whether the ideas presented in the spreadsheet are actually what the townspeople are concerned with.
- Ms. Malkin suggested that a survey would be a way to ascertain whether the ideas that have been given are in fact the views of the town as a whole. She noted the subcommittee needs to have validation of what has been gathered.
- Mr. Cook stated that the BOS do not want more information about what has been gleaned but rather what conclusions the Board has made based on the information gleaned. He noted the idea of a governing board on the first page of Ms. Weidner’s spreadsheet would be one example of an idea that is a distillation of the information gleaned.
- Discussion occurred about the fact that Menemsha needs a way for the different entities to communicate well and know their responsibilities and Mr. Cook suggested that a coordinator that is a liaison between the various groups that are stakeholders in Menemsha may be helpful. Mr. Cook stated that the role of coordinator could be a rotating responsibility.
- Ms. Malkin asked Ms. Christy to please inquire with other small communities as to how they deal with their beach trash.
- More discussion occurred about the ideas in the spreadsheet. Ms. Christy was asked to get a map from Chris Seidel that shows the wetlands, resource areas, habitat, etc… in Menemsha.
- Further discussion occurred about the organizing the topics in the list.
- Ms. Malkin noted the good survey that she saw from Westfield and which she thinks would be a good model for a survey when the Master Planning portion of the work begins.
- July 10, 2017
- July 24, 2017
- The minutes from June 19th, 2017 were reviewed and approved as written.
- Spreadsheet of Menemsha Master Plan topics
Adjourned at 4:34PM.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Jennifer L. Christy