Park & Recreation Committee Revised Agenda
Thursday, October 26, 2017 @ 8:00 AM
- Review and approve draft 8/25/17 meeting minutes.
- Review 2018 bulkhead lot lease applications; schedule applicant interviews as deemed necessary.
- October 27 – November 15: Conduct interviews – if necessary.
- Thursday, November 16 @ 8:00 am: deliberate, award lots, mail out lease packages.
- Thursday, December 14: All executed leases and payments due to town hall.
- Thursday, December 21 @ 8:00 am: Review all leases and recommend for Selectmen signatures.
- Special Town Meeting: Monday, November 27.
- The Squibnocket project will need an additional $100,000 of CPA Park & Recreation funds for the town’s construction.
- The cost estimate for the town’s portion of the project is now two years old and needed to be updated. Currently have $343,000 remaining from the original budget of $350,000 ($200,000 free cash; $150,000 CPA).
- The Menemsha channel dredge sand is supposed to be ready this October. We will not need it for six months and therefore must transport the sand to Peaked Hill in October for storgage -- after it is de-watered on Lobsterville Beach for a few days. If left on the beach until April 2018 there is a risk of losing much of the sand to wind erosion. This happened over the winter after the first partial dredging.
- Time will be reserved for topics the Chair did not reasonably anticipate.
- Schedule next meeting—Thursday, November 16 @ 8:00 AM.