Park & Recreation Committee Revised Agenda
Friday, August 25, 2017 @ 8:00 AM
- Review and approve draft 8/17/17 meeting minutes (if available).
- Deliberate and award Bulkhead Lot 1 A to one of the four applicants.
- All 2017 leases are signed and paid in full.
- New business.
- Time will be reserved for topics the Chair did not reasonably anticipate.
Discuss Sept. 6th @ 5:00 PM CPC hearing and meeting. The Squibnocket project will need an additional $100,000 of CPA Park & Recreation funds for the town’s construction.
- The cost estimate for the town’s portion of the project is now two years old and needed to be updated. Currently have $343,000 remaining from the original budget of $350,000 ($200,000 free cash; $150,000 CPA).
- The Menemsha channel dredge sand is supposed to be ready this October. We will not need it for six months and therefore must transport the sand to Peaked Hill in October for storgage -- after it is de-watered on Lobsterville Beach for a few days. If left on the beach until April 2018 there is a risk of losing much of the sand to wind erosion. This happened over the winter after the first partial dredging.
- The Town’s construction contractor will then need to move it from Peaked Hill to Squibnocket Beach in April 2018. The cost to handle the sand twice is about $65,000-$70,000. The remaining $30,000 in the request is for contingency funding if needed. (If we had to buy the sand it would cost approximately $200,000).
- Schedule next meeting—Thursday, September 21 @ 8:00 AM.