Revised Park & Recreation Committee Agenda
Friday, July 21, 2017 @ 8:00 AM
- Open Public Hearing to receive comment on the proposed amendment to the Menemsha Bulkhead Rules & Regulations.
- Review and approve draft 6/8/17 meeting minutes.
- Lot 1 A : John Armstrong fishing shack applications.
- Applications due July 14.
- Friday, July 21 @ 8:00 am: Identify applicants to interview.
- Applications received: Jesse Burton, Wes Brighton, Tim Broderick, Scott McDowell.
- Thursday, Aug. 17 @ 8:00 am: Conduct interviews.
- Thursday, Sept. 21 @ 8:00 am: If not done on Aug. 17, deliberate and designate new tenant. Occupancy date TBD pending transfer of shack ownership to the Town. This lease will be for the remainder of 2017 and 2018.
- 2017 Lot Leases: Stanley’s and Matt Mayhew’s still outstanding.
- Update: Park & Recreation request for a $20,000 CPA fund appropriation to restore Town-owned fishing shacks and/or bring wiring up to power code—as needed.
Request approved for recommendation to voters by CPC June 21.
Tentative Special Town Meeting: October 2017.
- Review 2018 lot lease application form and timing. Goal: Have all leases executed in December 2017 for calendar year 2018.
- July 2017: Mail packages to all tenants.
- Thursday, October 12, 2017: All applications due to town hall.
- Thursday, October 19, 2017 @ 8:00 am: Review applications and make arrangements for interviews – if needed.
- October 20 – November 15: Conduct interviews – if necessary.
- Thursday, November 16 @ 8:00 am: deliberate, award lots, mail out lease packages.
- Thursday, December 14: All executed leases and payments due to town hall.
- Thursday, December 21 @ 8:00 am: Review all leases and recommend for Selectmen signatures.
- Review revised amendment to Bulkhead Rules and Regulations # 7. Determine next steps.
- Old business.
- New business.
- Time will be reserved for topics the Chair did not reasonably anticipate.
- Schedule next meeting—Thursday, August 17 @ 8:00 AM.