CHILMARK FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
10:00 AM CHILMARK PUBLIC LIBRARY
Handouts: Agenda, Library Director’s report, Proposed Budget report for FY2018
Present: Chair, Jane Kaplan, Trustee Candy Shweder, Library Director, Ebba Hierta, Assistant Director, Rizwan Malik. Absent: Janet Weidner, Trustee
- New Business:
- After a second hit and run (to a vehicle) Ms. Hierta will write a letter to the offender limiting use of the parking lot to daylight hours.
- Budget- Ms. Hierta will be asking the town for a new full time position. This would only be an addition of $6000 to the library budget—with steps and cola.
-CLAMS dues are up a little
- a new line item in the budget is Electronic Materials (The library will be asking for 5.67% for materials than last year which is less than the total budget increase).
-New copier expense can be counted in Materials budget
-New position will be $31,590. With this new position we will be able to reduce some of the hours of the circulation staff.
c. Ms. Shweder moved to approve the budget and Ms. Kaplan seconded with a unanimous vote.
- Program update: January is health month. There will be a documentary showing on Saturday Jan. 20 about Silicon Valley
February is Black History month
- No financial report
- Next meeting will be a 10:00 AM on January 17
- Meeting was adjourned at 10:38