CHILMARK FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
9:56 AM Chilmark Public Library
Handouts: Agenda, Minutes from May meeting
Present: Chair: Jane Kaplan, Trustee: Candy Shweder, Library Director, Ebba Hierta and Assistant Director, Rizwan Malik
Absent: Trustee Janet Weidner
- Ms. Shweder moved that the minutes be approved as amended. Ms. Kaplan seconded and the minutes were approved as amended.
- Mr. Malik reported that the Children’s room is up and running with the Youth Librarian’s desk fully functional to check out books. Attendance at storytime has picked up.
In July and August there will be two programs rotating one day per week- Lego free building program open play- from 12:30-4:00 and Pizza and a Movie matinee at 12:30.
There are also several special programs planned. The Yard will come to the Library on 7/11, I-Robot on 8/3 at 1:00, and Olivia the Pig on 8/8 at 10:30.
The Sharks baseball team are coming to storytime on 7/15.
The Summer Reading program starts on 7/1 with all the same businesses participating.
- Work was done on the building on the HVAC. Though it exceeded the budget we have auxiliary funds to cover it.
- Finance- the bottom line will equal out.
- Ms. Hierta reported on a workshop she went to about the State Statistical report. Clams has a new executive director.
- Director’s report- the numbers are still a little down on library usage throughout the island except Edgartown.
- Old Business- The school contract has been signed.
- New Business- There will be a tree dedication for Kristen Maloney, past Youth Librarian, on Saturday at 12:00. The McGehee will play a cello duet, Roberta Kirn will lead everyone in song and food will be provided by Jan Buhrman paid for by the Friends of the Library.
- Next Meeting- July 21 10:00 AM
- Ms. Shweder moved to adjourn at 10:14 and Ms. Kaplan seconded.