C H I L M A R K H O U S I N G C O M M I T T E E
Monday, October 6, 2014
Chilmark Town Hall,
Present: Andrew Goldman, Bill Rossi, Roland Kluver, Ann Wallace, Jessica Roddy, , Michele Leonardi
Not Present:, Jim Feiner, Zee Gamson, Bill Randol
Staff: Jennifer Christy
Public: Adam DeBettencourt, Caitlin Cook, Danguole Budris
The meeting was called to order at 3:00PM
Questions for the Committee re Nab’s Corner Application:
- Andy asked Mr. DeBettencourt his question for the committee: Would an applicant’s retirement assets be counted as assets if the person is not vested? The answer is no.
- Andy asked Ms. Budris if she had questions for the committee. Ms. Budris explained her question: Would other pieces of evidence be accepted to prove Chilmark residency? Ms. Budris presented two letters from 2008 & 2009 from the Chilmark Housing Committee noting that she had been granted Chilmark preferences.
- Andy asked Ms. Christy to contact NStar on behalf of Ms. Budris for old utility bills.
- Andy asked Ms. Cook if she had questions. Ms. Cook asked for guidance on what amount of money is needed in order to build a house and whether the committee is looking for a specific amount of money from the applicants. Andy stated it depends on the structure planned to be built and the size of the family, but that the committee has stated no minimum. Ms. Cook also asked if her self-employment, as documented in her copies of her tax returns, would be enough to show her employment in Chilmark. Andy and other committee members stated it would suffice, in their view.
Review of Questions r’cvd by Oct. 6, 2014:
- All questions were reviewed and answered.
Mortgage Interest Assistance Program:
- Discussion occurred. Andy explained how the mortgage interest assistance program was administered previously in Chilmark.
- The committee members discussed the pros and cons of the program and whether the timing was correct for the Nab’s Corner project.
- The committee members requested that the program be postponed and discussed at a different time in the future.
- No action was taken on the mortgage interest assistance program item.
Review of Questions r’cvd by Oct. 6, 2014, cont’d:
- A question regarding the ground lease, section 7.4, was discussed. Andy explained the history of why this section is included in the ground lease.
- The committee members noted that this portion of the ground lease, section 7.4, is a section that will be reviewed by bankers when an applicant visits a bank.
- September 11, 2014 were not approved. Discussion occurred about what exactly was discussed regarding the MV preference issue. Jennifer was asked to please provide new minutes at the next meeting.
- September 23, 2014 was reviewed. Minutes of September 23, 2014 were approved as written.
- The lottery process was discussed.
Meeting adjourned at 3:51PM