Human Resources Board of Chilmark
Oct. 12, 2017 APPROVED MINUTES
Present: Jennie Greene, Chair, Bruce Golden, Max McCreery, Jim Malkin, Selectmen’s Representative
Not present: Don Leopold, Chuck Hodgkinson, Employee Representative, Steven Flanders
Public/ Board or Comm. Members:
Staff: Jennifer Christy, Admin. Asst., Tim Carroll, Exec. Secretary, Chief Jonathan Klaren, Pam Bunker, Asst. Assessor, Ellen Biskis, Accountant
Meeting called to order at 8:02AM
Cost Analysis for New Compensation Plan for STM Warrant article:
- Board members reviewed the DRAFT financial analysis provided by the Accountant.
- Discussion occurred regarding the recent regrading of the Asst. Director/Youth Services Librarian and the process that was used to determine the new grade.
- Mr. Malkin asked if the regrading process for the library position was comparable to the review of grade changes for all other positions.
- More discussion occurred.
- Mr. Golden made a motion to recommend that the Board of Selectmen “accept the draft proposal of the cost analysis as presented”.
- Ms. Greene asked Ms. Biskis for clarification of the draft cost analysis presented.
- Discussion occurred of which groups of employees would be included in the retroactive compensation back to July 1, 2017.
- Mr. Golden added the following statement to the above motion: “and to pay only benefitted year-round position employees retroactively to July 1, 2017 and to pay benefitted year-round position employees who have worked overtime in FY18 retroactively as well.”
- There was no more discussion and the amended motion was brought to a vote.
- The Board voted to approve the amended motion unanimously.
- The Board agreed to be present at the next Board of Selectmen’s meeting (Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 5PM) to address questions regarding the final proposed cost analysis of a new compensation plan.
- Discussion occurred regarding Special Town Meeting warrant article discussion.
- Sept. 7, 2017: Approved as written.
- Sept. 14, 2017: Approved as written.
- Sept. 20, 2017: Approved as written.
- Sept. 22, 2017: Approved as written.
- Sept. 27, 2017: Approved as written.
- Sept. 29, 2017: Approved as written.
- Oct. 5, 2017: Reviewed and approval was postponed to November 2, 2017 so that more detail may be included in the first section of the draft minutes.
- Ms. Greene noted that she has received a note from Mr. Flanders with notice of his resignation.
- Mr. McCreery requested that thanks be given to Mr. Flanders for his service.
- Thursday, November 2, 2017, 8AM
- Thursday, December 7, 2017, 8AM
Meeting adjourned at 8:50:AM