CONSERVATION COMMISSION AGENDA 2/21/18 @ 12:30 PM
Two Site Visits 2/20/18 @ 12:30
- 12:30 PM: PUBLIC HEARING SE 12 – ???; REID SILVA FOR SCOTT ROSENBERG; 16 Shepherd’s Path; AP 24-1: Remove invasive ornamental grasses located throughout the property—miscanthus (silvergrass) and manage the area. The vegetation stalks will be tied in bundles and hand cut. The remaining stems will be treated with Rodeo or other herbicide using the hand-swab method. The work will be done in the dormant, winter months, throughout the open, wooded and wetlands areas of the property including Bordering Vegetated Wetlands and the 100-foot buffer zone of the wetlands and fresh water ponds.
- DISCUSSION SE 12 – 750; REID SILVA FOR FRED AND JOSEPH TILDEN; 11 Marsh Rd.; AP 27.1-28: An Order was issued in October 2015 for trimming, topping and removing vegetation to open a view to Menemsha Pond. The Order permitted Phase I with the condition that Phase II work would not be done until Phase I was completed and reviewed. The applicant would like to have Phase I reviewed and obtain approval to execute Phase II and to expand the scope of work in Phase II.
- DISCUSSION WARREN DOTY PROPOSED NEW FIRE HOUSE PLAN: The Selectmen are considering a plan to build a new fire house in the town hall parking lot. There is a new parking scheme. The ingress and egress for the fire trucks will go across the land that supports the current fire station to Menemsha Crossroad.
- DISCUSSION SE 12 – 796; JOAN HUGHES FOR MARGARET WAITZKIN; 6 Ocean View Farm Rd.; AP 25-113: An Order was issued in October 2017 to upgrade the 3-bedroom septic system in a location that is 73 feet from a Bordering Vegetated Wetland. Living space will be increased with a 368 sq. ft. expanded footprint within the 100-foot buffer zone of an isolated wetland. The closest activity is 58 feet from the wetland edge. A buried oil tank will also be removed from underneath the house. The house has been subsequently torn down.
Meeting Minutes: 2/7/18 (if available).
Order of Conditions SE 12 – ???; Rosenberg; AP 24-1 (if voted).
- NEXT MEETING: Next Meeting March 7, 2018 @ 12:30 PM.