CONSERVATION COMMISSION AGENDA 2/7/18 @ 12:30 PM
One Site Visit 11:45 AM Day of Meeting
- 12:30 PM: PUBLIC HEARING SE 12 – 807; CHRIS KENNEDY FOR THE TRUSTEES; the Brickyard AP 14-4 and Mensmha Hills properties; Clear brush and invasive over-growth on approximately 4.7-acres of the Menemsha Hills Brickyard. The purpose is to open the Brickyard for public use and enjoyment, preserve and interpret the natural and cultural resources of the property and preserve rare and endangered species habitat within the lower and upper yards. A 1,750 foot-long public walking trail will also be cleared to provide year-round public access to the Brickyard from TTOR’s Menemsha Hills Reservation. A portion of the clearing work is within the second
100-foot wetland buffer zone. Approximately 92,000 sq. ft. of disturbance will take place within the second 100-foot section of the Roaring Brook Riverfront Zone.
- 12:40 PM: PUBLIC MEETING REQUEST FOR DETERMINATION OF APPLICABILITY; RUSSELL MALONEY; 245 North Rd.; AP 13-8: Install a french drain at the southeast corner and southern edge of a pre-existing tennis court located within the eastern edge of a wetland. The drain will channel rainwater into the wetland rather than having it flush the court’s surface into the wetland. A 64-foot long, 12 inch deep trench will be hand dug and backfilled on top of the drainage pipe. The water will be gravity fed to daylight and a 2-foot square, 6-inch deep gravel surface to prevent erosion.
- DISCUSSION PLANNING BOARD SUBCOMMITTEE: Review revised proposal for a bus U-Turn on Basin Road in Menemsha.
- DISCUSSION PROPOSED NEW FIRE HOUSE PLAN: The Selectmen are considering a plan to build a new fire house in the town hall parking lot. There is a new parking scheme. The ingress and egress for the fire trucks will go across the land that supports the current fire station to Menemsha Crossroad.
- PARTIAL CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE SE 12 – 799; GREAT ROCK BIGHT LTD. PARTNERSHIP; Brickyard Road; AP 9-2.7: An Order was issued in Oct. 2017 to install a new well, water line and electric service to the well. The well was installed. The water line and power have not yet been installed. Recommend issuing a partial certification.
Meeting Minutes: 1/17/18.
Order of Conditions SE 12 – 807; Trustees; AP 14-4 (if voted).
Determination of Applicability Maloney; AP 13-8 (if voted).
- NEXT MEETING: Next Meeting February 21, 2018 @ 12:30 PM.