CONSERVATION COMMISSION AGENDA 5/17/17 @ 12:30 PM
Site Visits Day of Meeting @ 11:00 AM
- FOLLOW UP DISCUSSION SE 12 – 779; REID SILVA FOR BENJAMIN HOWARD LILIENTHAL; 0 Salt Meadows; AP 21-52.3: An Order was issued in October 2016 to trim and prune trees and vegetation to open and maintain a view channel and to install a domestic water well within the buffer zone of a Bordering Vegetated Wetland on a vacant lot. The well is approximately 62 feet from the wetland edge. The Commission thought it was very difficult to determine how to open the view channel and prune the vegetation and allowed the work to be done in two phases.
The Order allowed Phase I work to be performed: view clearing in the area beyond 50 feet from the eastern edge of the wetland; the Russian Olives and tree saplings within the Phase I area as defined may be removed. The remaining Phase II work for review is as follows:
- The following shall be done after the Phase I work is completed and before reviewing and executing the Phase II work.
- A house viewing stand shall be erected to more clearly identify the details of the Phase II work.
- The Phase II view channel work shall be clearly flagged for a site visit. A site plan shall also be prepared that identifies the limit of Phase I work and the key work areas and the flagged vegetation for Phase II pruning.
- A detailed access plan for the well digging and a water line trench plan shall be provided and shown on the site plan including the location of hay bales and silt fencing that shall be installed between the well site and trench and the wetland to contain the well cuttings. The trench spoils shall be placed on the up-grade side of the trench. The hay bales and silt fencing shall be installed and approved by the CA before the well or trenching work begins.
- FOLLOW UP DISCUSSION SE 12 – 780; REID SILVA FOR HEIDI PUTZE; 18 Greenhouse Lane; AP 33-32: An Order was issued in October 2016 to re-vegetate and stabilize the coastal bank (the work has been completed) with a condition of returning with a managed retreat plan as the dwelling is five feet from the edge of the Coastal Bank. On December 21, 2016 the Commission reviewed a proposed exit strategy for this house. It agreed that a plan shall be presented on April 5, 2017. On April 5 Mr. Silva said the owner has not provided a plan to scale down and relocate the house. Chuck H. sent a letter to the Mr. Silva and the owner requiring a plan to be presented by May 17, 2017 including a proposed septic plan. The following is the
direction for this plan:
The final retreat plan shall be fully permitted for a planned construction start date of October 1, 2017. This includes any and all required permits such as an approved Order of Conditions, any Board of Health permits, any Zoning Special Permits and a Building Permit.
- DISCUSSION PLANNING BOARD SUBCOMMITTEE – MENEMSHA: Discuss possible bus turnaround (U-Turn) at Comfort Station.
Meeting Minutes: 4/19/17 (if available).
Discuss TTOR trail plan Menemsha Hills to the Brickyard.
New Power Line – 3 Young’s Way; AP 25-138.
- NEXT MEETING: Wednesday, June 7 @ 12:30 PM