COMMUNITY PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2017 @ 6:30 PM
- Meeting minutes: Review September 6, 2017 meeting minutes.
- Review Projected FY 2019 CPA Fund Balances – after Nov. 27 Special Town Meeting.
- Discussion and vote: Whether or not to recommend to voters each request for FY 2019 CPA funding at the April 2018 Annual Town Meeting:
- Island Housing Trust: is requesting a third appropriation of $34,260 of Community Preservation Affordable Housing Reserve Funds as Chilmark’s share of a third island-wide request for funds to construct 20 affordable apartments at Kuehn’s Way in Tisbury. To date Chilmark has appropriated a total of $65,550 toward this project in 2015 and 2016.
- Chilmark School: is seeking from $53,318 and up to $75,880 of CPA Open Space Preservation Parks & Recreation Reserve Funds to rehabilitate and replace the Big Toy for the older students and adding a pre-school playground area and play structure.
- FY 2019 CPA Fund Reserve Amounts:
- $ 30,300 for Reserve for Community Housing
- $ 30,300 for Reserve for Open Space
- $ 30,300 for Reserve for Historic Resources
- $195,300 for Community Preservation Budget Reserve
- West Tisbury School CPA Reimbursement $10,000: This Park & Recreation CPA fund use was approved at the 4/17 Annual Town Meeting; Article # 29. It was to refurbish the basketball court and improve the soccer field. We have paid receipts totaling $ 51,070.
- Time will be reserved for topics the Chair did not reasonably anticipate.
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, December20 @ 6:00 PM.
- Special Town Meeting November 27.
CPA Park & Recreation Warrant Article: To see if the Town will vote to approve the following request of the Community Preservation Committee: To see if the Town will vote to appropriate from the Community Preservation Reserve for Open Space/Park & Recreation use the sum of $100,000.00 to supplement the existing and approximate $343,000 construction budget to build the Town’s portion of the Squibnocket project. This will bring the total available funds for construction and related costs to approximately $443,000. To fund this request $50,000 will come from the Community Preservation Reserve for Open Space and $50,000 will be transferred from the Community Preservation Undesignated Fund to the Community Preservation Reserve for Open Space.