COMMUNITY PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2016 @ 6:00 PM
2nd Floor Conference Room
- Meeting minutes: Review October 19, 2016 meeting minutes.
- Discuss and vote on each of the CPA proposals for the April 2017 Annual Town Meeting:
- Affordable Housing:~ Review DOR opinion on CPA eligibility; review Housing Committee recommendation; review proposed program structure: The Resource, Inc. (TRI) Economic and Community services is seeking $82,600 as Chilmark’s equal share of a regional, six town CPA request for this emergency structural housing repair program.
- Affordable Housing:~ Review Housing Committee recommendation: The Island Housing Trust (IHT) is seeking $66,810 as Chilmark’s share of a regional, six town request for the Kuene’s Way apartment development in Tisbury.~ Chilmark appropriated $33,000 of CPA funds at the April 2016 Annual meeting as Chilmark’s share to help IHT reimburse itself for the $600,000 land acquisition and did not receive a “local preference” for one of the units.
- Park & Recreation:~ Review the Park & Recreation Committee recommendation: The West Tisbury School is seeking $10,000 as Chilmark’s share of the total $60,500 cost to renovate the other outdoor basketball court.
- Historic Preservation: ~Review Historical Commission recommendation: The MV Museum wants to renew a previously voter-approved appropriation of $31,512 to re-build the roof and chimneys of the historic Marine Hospital in Tisbury using cedar shingles instead of slate as originally requested.
- FY 2018 Estimated Reserve Fund Appropriations @ 50% State Match:
- 10 %; $34,000 Affordable Housing Reserve
- 10 %; $34,000 Open Space Reserve
- 10 %; $34,000 Historic Resources Reserve
- 70 %; $238,000 Community Preservation Budgeted Reserve
- Total FY 2018: $340,000 (FY 2017 Est. $325,000)
- Committee vote on each proposal:
- Vote to recommend the amount requested to voters at the April 2017 Annual Town Meeting or,
Vote to recommend a different sum or,
Vote to not recommend.
- Draft FY 2018 budget: Review draft budget and vote.
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, December 21@ 6:00 PM?