COMMUNITY PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2015 @ 6:00 PM
- Meeting Minutes: Review October 21, 2015 meeting minutes.
- Open Public Hearing: To review CPA fund requests for the April 25, 2016 Annual Town Meeting:
- Nick Briggs, MV Skatepark Association; Oak Bluffs: Regional application seeking a cumulative total of $200,000 CPA Park & Recreation Funds from all six Towns to fund the improvement and continued operation of the skatepark that is across the street from the High School. Chilmark’s request is for $22,260 (11.1 % total).
- Susan Stevens, Chilmark School: Exclusive Chilmark application seeking $74,000 CPA Park & Recreation Funds to expand the existing playground and add more playground equipment.
- Chilmark Housing Committee: Seeking $75,000 CPA Affordable Housing Funds to replenish the rent subsidy funding. The program is managed by the Dukes County Regional Housing Authority. The current balance of $31,700 (through November 2015 payment) will last to September 2016 at the current monthly cost and annual fee expense.
- Posie Haeger, Featherstone Center for the Arts; Oak Bluffs: Regional application seeking a cumulative total of $70,000 CPA Parks & Recreation Funds from all six Towns to make the outdoor amphitheater safe, accessible and have a more efficient use of space. Chilmark’s request is for $7,800 (11.1 % total).
- Derrill Bazzy, Island Housing Trust: Regional application seeking a cumulative total of $700,000 CPA Affordable Housing Funds from all six Towns to build the Keuhn’s Way Apartments in Tisbury. Chilmark’s request is for $70,000 (10% total).
- FY 2017 Estimated Revenue and Mandatory Reserve Amounts: FY 2017 estimated annual revenues @ 50 % state matching level = $322,868. Proposed reserve amounts: $32,287.00 (10%) for Open Space Preservation Reserve; $32,287.00 (10%) for Historic Resources Reserve; $32,287.00 (10%) for Affordable Housing Reserve; and $226,007.00 for the Community Preservation Budgeted Reserve.
- Review projected FY 2017 CPA Fund Balances.
- Discuss FY 2017 proposals and recommendations to voters.
- Review draft FY 2017 Expense Budget.
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, December 16 @ 6:00 PM.