COMMUNITY PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2015 @ 6:00 PM
- Elect a new Chair—rotate from Jane Slater.
- Meeting Minutes: Review March 18, 2015 meeting minutes.
- Presentations of April 2016 Annual Town Meeting CPA Fund Requests
- Philippe Jordi, Island Housing Trust: Regional application seeking a cumulative total of $700,000 CPA Affordable Housing Funds from all six Towns to build the Keuhn’s Way Apartments in Tisbury. Chilmark’s request is for $70,000 (10% total).
- Posie Haeger, Featherstone Center for the Arts; Oak Bluffs: Regional application seeking a cumulative total of $70,000 CPA Parks & Recreation Funds from all six Towns to make the outdoor amphitheater safe, accessible and have a more efficient use of space. Chilmark’s request is for $7,800 (11.1 % total).
- Nick Briggs, MV Skatepark Association; Oak Bluffs: Regional application seeking a cumulative total of $200,000 CPA Park & Recreation Funds from all six Towns to fund the improvement and continued operation of the skatepark that is across the street from the High School. Chilmark’s request is for $17,970 (9.0 % total).
- Susan Stevens, Chilmark School: Exclusive Chilmark application seeking $74,000 CPA Park & Recreation Funds to expand the existing playground and add more playground equipment.
- Chilmark Housing Committee: Seeking $75,000 CPA Affordable Housing Funds to replenish the rent subsidy funding. The program is managed by the Dukes County Regional Housing Authority. The current balance of $31,700 (through November 2015 payment) will last to September 2016 at the current monthly cost and annual fee expense.
- Review CPA Fund Balances through 9/30/15.
- Public Hearing: Discuss which projects to consider for next month’s public hearing on the April 2016 Annual Town Meeting CPA Fund Requests—Wednesday, November 18 @ 6:00 PM.
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, November 18 @ 6:00 PM.