COMMUNITY PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
THURSDAY, MAY 29, 2014 @ 6:00 PM
- Review April 16, 2014 meeting minutes.
- Discussion Rodney Bunker: Consider appropriating CPA Historic Preservation Funds for capital improvements to Town Hall and the Menemsha School steeple. The Historical Commission endorsed the renovations with the following conditions: Town Hall and Menemsha School should be restored in accordance with Massachusetts Historical Society standards to preserve the integrity of the buildings—and that wood should be be used for trim—instead of azek.
- CPA definition of historic preservation capital improvements as amended in 2012: “reconstruction or alteration of real property that: 1. materially adds to the value of the real property or appreciably prolongs the useful life of the real property; 2. becomes part of the real property or is permanently affixed to the real property so that removal would cause material damage to the property or article itself; 3. is intended to become a permanent installation or intended to remain there for an indefinite period of time”.
- Review CPA appropriation agreements; if acceptable authorize Jane to sign the agreements for the Committee:
- Sheriff’s Meadow Foundation - $100,000 for Mayhew-Mitchell-Hancock house.
- Gay Head Lighthouse - $51,854.
- MV Museum – Marine Hospital roof, chimneys - $31,512.
- Island Housing Trust - $65,000 Village Court Apartments, Vineyard Haven.
- County Courthouse - $5,847 for electrical upgrade.
- Discuss guidelines for a policy for reviewing regional CPA fund requests or fund requests for projects outside Chilmark.
- Other old or new business.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 @ 6:00 PM.