COMMUNITY PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2013 @ 6:00 PM
- 6:00 PM: Open Continued Public Hearing:
The Selectmen’s request for $410,000 of CPA Open Space Preservation/Parks & Recreation funds for a new 99-year lease that will expand the Town’s Squibnocket Beach by five times its current length and relocate the Squibnocket Beach Parking Lot for a total lease cost of $400,000. The
request also includes $10,000 to cover all costs relative & incidental thereto—such as legal fees.
- Discuss Dan Waters, MV Museum request for CPA funds: Seeking $31,512 as Chilmark’s share to help fund the rehabilitation of the roof and chimneys of the Marine Hospital in Vineyard Haven. There may be additional CPA fund requests submitted over the next few years.
3. Discuss Philippe Jordi, Island Housing Trust request for CPA funds: Seeking $65,000 as Chilmark’s share among three Towns to help fund the restoration of six affordable apartments they are purchasing in Vineyard Haven. Discuss a proposed change in use of the funds -- if approved by voters – to increase the down payment on the real estate acquisition and therefore reduce the principal amount to be mortgaged.
If a FHLB grant is secured, IHT will withdraw the request for Chilmark CPA funding. This decision should be available at the end of December.
- Review current CPA reserve fund balances.
- Vote on remaining proposals: Whether or not to recommend to Town voters at the April 2014 Annual Town Meeting.
- Review draft FY 2015 budget.
- Other old or new business.
Review November 20, 2013 meeting minutes.
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 @ 6:00 PM.