COMMUNITY PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
October 17, 2012 @ 6:00 PM
- NOELLE COLOME OF THE MV MUSEUM: Review CPA Historic Preservation Funds application from the MV Museum for the second half of the artifacts restoration and cataloguing project—an additional appropriation of $8,610. Chilmark’s share of the first appropriation was $8,610 and approved by voters in April 2012. The project will start this fall.
Review and approve partial invoice payment of $1,528.35 of the total 2012 voter-approved appropriation of $8,610 -- for purchasing supplies.
- DUKES COUNTY MANAGER, MARTINA THORNTON: Review CPA Historic Preservation Funds application from the Dukes County Commissioners and Manager for an additional appropriation to restore the remaining 26 windows at the County Courthouse. Chilmark’s share is $7,670 of a total budgeted cost of $72,150. This is more than the previous appropriation because there are more windows in this phase II of the project. Chilmark’s share of the previous appropriation was $5,545 in April 2010. This has been paid.
- PAUL KARASIK OF THE CHARTER SCHOOL: Review CPA Parks & Recreation Funds application from the Charter School for Chilmark’s share of the cost to re-surface the outdoor basketball court. Chilmark’s share is $3,340 of a total $67,000 budgeted cost.
- Review July 19, 2012 meeting minutes.
- Next CPC Meeting: The next regular meeting would be scheduled for Wed., November 21 – the day before Thanksgiving. Would you like to change the date?
We will need to advertise and schedule a public hearing for the CPA fund requests.