Chilmark Beach Committee
May 20th, 2009
Present: Clarissa Allen, Pam Bunker, Martina Mastromonaco, Steve McQuiggan , Kristin Maloney, Jim Glavin (DECA) , Lynn Murphy & David Zelinger(Beach Plum & Menemsha Inn)
1. Meeting called to order 6:05pm.
2. Jim Galvin (DECA) started to lay gravel for new shed. He will move old shed tp Peaked Pastures. A budget other than the Beach Dept. will pay for the moving expenses. Jim will work on the bus turn around after July 1, 2009. Jim suggests to start building up the bottom of the parking lot on the right side to prevent wash-out of parking lot’s dirt. Need to budget in 2011, some rip-wrap to create swale to contain the water this will be around $3,000 . The hinges on the gate need to be replaced.
3. David Zelinger manager from the Beach Plum & Menemsha Inn came in to discuss since the Blueberry Inn isn’t opening this year how many people would be expected to use the shuttle, could the possibility be explored of more beach passes for the inns. A smaller shuttle bus was discussed but ultimate decision is VTA on what size bus will be used. Discussed reason why stickers aren’t issued to Inns and the placards are used because of parking problems at the beaches. The Beach Committee voted to approve issuing one additional placard for each beach to the Inn for one season. 6 placards will be issued : 3 for LVB 3 for
4. Robert Vincent from the Vincent House is requesting a placard for car instead of transferring stickers. His family owned the beach previously to the town leasing and in the lease states his family will receive free stickers. Committee voted unanimously to grant placard for car annually.
5. Committee member proposed having one sticker clerk during the week instead of two because the mail in program has been implemented for a few years but the staffing hasn’t been adjusted because of the lower volume of people purchasing stickers at the town hall. Martina said that June and September have been cut for FY 2010.
6. Voted to adjourn 6:45pm.