Chilmark Beach Committee
February 19th, 2009
Present: Clarissa Allen, Pam Bunker, Martina Mastromonaco, Steve McQuiggan & Kristin Maloney
1. Meeting called to order 5:00pm.
2. Discussion about how budget review went with Finance Committee.
3. Discussion about new beach shed. All abutters signed consent letter for the Conservation Commission. Conservation Committee approved plan for shed. Zoning Board of Appeals will meet March 10th. Cole Powers needs to be contacted to set up electric service & phone service needs to be reinstalled. Steve McQuiggin stated he’d “head” the shed project.
4. Contact DECA to grade and even out parking lot.
5. Computer software is needed for Walk-on passes. The old software isn’t working anymore. Committee voted unanimously in favor of this update.
6. Superintendant gave the Committee a punch list of upcoming preparation for the 2009 beach season:
work applications have been sent out to last year’s emplyees, so far six have been returned.
First week in March the uniforms will be ordered along with the stickers
Mail in registration cards need to be ready to go out second week in April (Assessors office will generate labels)
Ads for vacant positions will also go out second week in April.
Swim line and floats for Menemsha are in poor shape; Martina will be pricing out additional floats.
All snow fencing at the near end is gone. (Should be ordered)
Martina will be away March 24th –April 2, 2009 (vacation)
7. Committee discussed CB Stark’s request to create a charm modeling LVB sticker. Discussed t-shirt design with out the word “guard” on it just using the beach names and discussion of creating removable bumper stickers with beach names on them to generate revenue to offset beach budget.
8. Discussed working on Superintendant’s annual evaluation on March 10th at 3:30pm.
9. Next meeting March 10th 5:00pm.
10. Voted to adjourn 6:40pm.