Chilmark Beach Committee
June 5th , 2008
Present: Clarissa Allen, Pam Bunker, Kristin Maloney, Martina Mastromonaco & Steve McQuiggin, Public: Sloan Hart
1. Meeting called to order 7:05pm
2. Voted to approve minutes from May 29th, 2008
3. Committee reviewed drafts of Superintendent and Asst. Superintendent job descriptions. Discussion took place about the revisions.
4. Sloan Hart, former Asst. Superintendent was present and expressed her concerns about duties and responsibilities. The Committee noted her suggestions regarding duties and responsibilities in order of importance.
5. Question will be asked to the Personnel Board if Seasonal employees fall under town’s grievance policy.
6. Discussion about possibly extending sticker office hours from 9am to 1pm next year.
7. Chairman requested Pam talk to Tim about the sticker office receiving faxes. Faxes currently transmitted to Receptionists e-mail then the Receptionist distributes the faxes. Concern that the sticker office will not receive faxes during weekend.
8. Committee reviewed position analysis questionnaire filled out by Martina, Martina will e-mail questionnaire to Karen (Asst. Superintendent) for her to fill one out. Chairperson signed questionnaire and it will be e-mailed to the Personnel Board’s Asst.
9. Motion made to approve job descriptions as amended pending Personnel Board’s opinion of draft. Motion seconded and voted unanimously to approve.
10. Committee worked on Asst. superintendent’s job description. There was much discussion regarding duties. Motion made to approve Asst. Superintendent’s job description pending Personnel Board’s feedback. Motion seconded and unanimously voted to approve.
11. Voted to adjourn meeting 8:30pm