Beach Committee Meeting
May 29, 2008
Present: Clarissa Allen, Pam Bunker, Kristin Maloney, Martina Mastramonico & Steve McQuiggin
1. Meeting called to order 7:15pm
2. Committee voted to appoint Kristin Maloney as Chairperson.
3. The Committee has made tentative meeting dates for the future. 6/5th 7:00pm.
6/19th 8:00 am., 7/3rd 7:00pm, 7/17th 7:00pm, 7/31st 7:00pm., 8/14th 7:00pm., 8/28th 7:00pm & 9/11th 7:00pm.
4. The committee will attend an all beach staff mtg. 6/28th 8:00am to introduce ourselves.
5. Committee discussed the beach guards’ general job duties and suggestions were made to the superintendent. For example, the guards should walk around more by the water’s edge especially on days were the ocean is rough, to not give a policing appearance but more of a concern for swimmers, picking up trash during idle times. When the guards rotate, trash should be gathered when switching stations.
6. A request was made from the Superintendent for the Committee to make a list of job duty requests. Ie: Clean the beach first thing in the AM. Through the day and when leaving the beach for the evening.
7. committee is currently working on Superintendent’s job description and Assistant Superintendent. Will concentrate next meeting on the job descriptions. Work hours are: Superintendent 8:00am – 3 or 4pm. Asst. 2pm -7pm.
8. Superintendent described a typical day of work and what it entails for her and the Assistant.
9. Voted to adjourn meeting 8:50 pm